Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Bigfoot Times

I guess I’m old fashioned, but there’s something I really enjoy about receiving a newsletter in the mail each month. Sure, I know what you’re thinking. This is the digital age, why subscribe to a paper newsletter when there’s plenty of info available with a few clicks at the keyboard?

The news stand is shrinking at a rapid pace has more and more companies find it too expensive to publish paper editions of their magazines. I understand the ease of digital publication, the fact that trees are saved and the ability to do more with graphics, but at the same time, we’re losing something in the process. There’s something tangible about a printed publication that someone has put work and effort into producing.

When I started pursuing world mysteries back in the 1970s, newsletters and magazines were the lifeblood of the community, helping us all keep up with investigations and topics that were current in the field. Yes, I know, nothing beats the speed of Facebook and Twitter, but I still have stacks of publications from years of exploring the field and, despite google, I still find myself referring to those old publications. They’re treasure troves of information, much of which is not available on the Internet.

Thankfully, there are still a few ‘real’ publications around. One of them is The Bigfoot Times. A small, informative newsletter that I enjoy reading and occasionally, contributing to. The Bigfoot Times comes out consistently each month. Daniel includes sightings, interviews, book and conference info and reviews and more.

Friend and fellow Bigfoot researcher Daniel Perez has been the publisher and editor of The Bigfoot Times since 1979. As Daniel says;

“When I started publishing the original BigfooTimes [correct spelling] in 1979, I may have been the youngest editor of a Bigfoot newsletter ever and now, approaching my 50th birthday, I may end up as the oldest editor of a Bigfoot newsletter as well.”

Stop by the Website, check it out and, if you have any interest in Bigfoot, subscribe, you won’t regret it.

http://www.bigfoottimes.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment